الأربعاء، 3 نوفمبر 2010

Expect the Unexpected

Preparing for two dances for the first time each season is overwhelming. It's that week 6 hurdle that you really have to leap over, and what starts to separate the pack. I'm not sure that the audience at home--no matter how much we say it, or how much the producers show it during an episode--realize how hard this process is for the celebrities. It's hard on us pros, too, but the celebrities who sign up for this show have to be mentally and physically prepared. It's really a marathon, and when you're exhausted is when you're working enough to get those great routines on Monday nights.

I was so proud of Rick this week. Our tango was powerful and intense. I also felt that the passion that the judges keep saying is lacking in Rick was really there. You could really feel it in the audience.

The dance marathon was fun to do. We all got the chance to be a little crazier in how we presented on the dance floor, and we also got to do lifts.

As far as the elimination this week, I've learned through all of my seasons on the show to expect the unexpected. It was sad to see Audrina leave. She really had so much more to show the audience with her dancing. You have to bring your all every week and let the audience decide your fate. I really don't think Audrina deserved to go home at all.

Brandy and Max were in the number one spot again this week. They are doing really well. Brandy is improving each week, and that is what this competition is all about.

Next week Rick and I have the quickstep. For the 200th episode we're all dancing to songs that were already used on the show, and that produced some of the most memorable moments over the last 10 seasons. We're going to be judged by the contestant who originally danced to that song. It's a little daunting, but I think Rick knows how to handle all that additional pressure. He has so many NBC Championships that if there's one thing he knows--it's pressure. We also have a team dance Cha Cha that we'll be doing. We're on Team Yamaguchi.

If it weren't for you fans, Rick and I wouldn't be making it week to week in this competition. You are what really make this show and what makes DWTS so much fun.

If we can manage to get out of the rehearsal studio, I plan to meet up with some friends to celebrate Halloween this weekend. I haven't had time to go out and get a costume, so I'm planning on borrowing my DWTS costume from TV Theme week and I'm going to be a police officer.

Happy Halloween!

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق